Geodetic dome house built customized
It is a structure constructed on the lines of geodetic domes, which is a dome built of short short legs that follow the geodetic lines, forming an open frame of polygons or triangles. In these homes built to measure, it is made of an internal metal frame, which supports the shell of the house. This type of dome has existed since the First World War, where the first were built in Germany and since that time, many manufacturing companies that offer them different shapes and sizes. Some have designed them for use as a greenhouse.
Living in a dome house has its advantages and disadvantages, including:
• Due to their spherical structure, these houses are not influenced by the elements of nature. The houses are able to stay extremely strong winds. There are even who even resisted earthquakes.
• The house is known to keep the interiors warmer than conventional buildings and the air circulating inside your home makes it possible to constantly keep the temperature.
• It is indicated that it helps save twenty-five to thirty percent of the space that would be needed by a rectangular home. This is a very important aspect when considering the cost of real estate.
• Can be energy efficient.
• Because of the different materials used to build a geodesic dome home, some elements such as condensation, sunlight, sound and smell penetrate into the wall, which gives you little protection against these elements.
• It takes a long time and hard to try to install internal fittings and furniture depending on the construction and shape of the house.
• It can sometimes be a major problem that tries to divide space inside using walls because of the right straight lines and the absence of corners you need to work.
• The panels of a geodesic dome house are triangular-shaped, so that rectangular or square windows do not work, you must contain round or triangular windows.
If you decide that you want to live in a geodesic dome house, you can buy a kit ready to help you build or have a personalized home builder builds you from zero. If you decide to use the kit, you will have the geodesic dome panels and the main frame. When buying a kit, you must opt for fiber panels because they are easier to integrate into the frame. When using a kit, it provides you with the simplest form of a geodesic dome home.